Housing Disrepair

How can we help?

What Counts As Housing Disrepair?

Have you contacted your Landlord about repairs that need to be carried out and still haven’t had your repairs completed?

As a tenant of any rented property from the local council or housing association, you have the right to live in a safe and well-maintained home. Your landlord has a legal responsibility to carry out repairs you have reported to them in a satisfactory and timely manner.

If you’ve complained about any of the repairs listed below and they’ve still not been completed, we could help by ensuring your landlord carries out the repairs!

Unfortunately we are unable to assist if your tenancy is currently with a private landlord and not a housing association or council. 

  • Water damage
  • Damp or mould
  • Damaged or leaking roof or guttering
  • Broken or rotten windows and doors
  • Broken appliances that were included in your tenancy
  • Broken bathroom fittings
  • Internal damage to wallpaper, paint, carpets and curtains (If included in the tenancy)
  • Damage or faulty electrics
  • Damage to internal gas and water pipe work
  • Any other damage to your property

If you have reported any of these repairs to your landlord and they have not been completed in a timely manner, you can claim – ‘No Win -No fee*’.