Housing Disrepair



As a tenant of any house you have certain rights. One of those is that your landlord has an obligation to keep your home safe and in a reasonable state of repair. They also have a duty to make sure that any defects you report to then are repaired in a timely manner. If they do not do that you have a right to make a claim to ensure your landlord makes the necessary repairs and potentially receive compensation!

If you have any problems with your local council house or a housing association property such as any damage internally or externally, then it is very likely you have a claim. Contact us and let us see if we can help you.

You will need to get in touch with us first; we can call you back to avoid you incurring charges. You will then speak to one of our specialist advisors who will do a quick assessment of your case. After this, if appropriate, we will arrange for someone to visit your home and take pictures of any damage. After we have documentary evidence we will introduce you to one of our specialist solicitors to work on your case on a ‘No Win -No Fee*’ basis. You can then relax, whilst your solicitor does the rest!

We have great knowledge of how to present your case so you have the greatest chance of success. We have a panel of legal experts and surveyors who will look after your case, on a ‘No Win No Fee*’ basis.  Together we control the whole process for you, giving you peace of mind that your voice is being heard and taken seriously!

You do not need to use our services to make a claim against your landlord. You can do this yourself directly with the landlord and even if they reject your claim you can still take this to the Housing Ombudsman Service www.disrepairadvisory.co.uk
. If you aren’t sure how to make the claim, you can get free, impartial advice from consumer organisations.

We do not charge for assessing your case. Our Solicitors operate a strict ‘No Win No fee’ policy. If your case loses, it won’t cost you a penny. You only pay when your case is successful and the cost would be simply deducted from any compensation you receive. This amount will never exceed 50% of your total compensation. However, the main things is that we will ensure all repairs are carried out by your landlord and we do not deduct anything from the cost of repairs. If you cancel your claim without agreement with your Solicitor, they may charge you for the work they have completed on your file.

Where one of our panel solicitors agree to act on your behalf they will pay us a fee for the introduction. Please note this fee will NOT be deducted from any compensation you receive. To find out more about the fees payable please click here